Previous Stats Features:
Tonight, the Kings lost a game they shouldn't have - and not just because they were playing at home against a weak opponent who should have been slapped away like Muggsy Bogues driving for a dunk against Manute Bol.
The Kings, according to our stats scorecard, did those things that all season have led to a victorious outcome, namely:
- They made more 3 pointers (82% Win Expectancy)
- They made more total field goals (80% Win Expectancy)
- They made a higher % of 3 pointers (80% Win Expectancy)
- They made a higher % of all field goals (73% Win Expectancy)
- They took fewer free throws (71% Win Expectancy)
- They took fewer field goal attempts (58% Win Expectancy)
Tonight, our loyal Excel sheet let us down. But, in actuality, that was because the Kings let us down in a big way, by delivering one of the weakest 4th quarter scoring performances I've seen in a long time. In fact, the team's 12-point output is the absolute worst of the year. With only a 3rd quarter mid-December blip vs. the Jazz, one has to go to the beginning of the season when the Kings approached this level of despair.
|12||4th||Jan. 6 '07||Portland||Loss|
|13||3rd||Dec. 14 '06||Utah||Win|
|14||1st||Nov. 3 '06||Chicago||Win|
|16||1st||Nov. 1 '06||Minnesota||Loss|
|16||3rd||Nov. 4 '06||Milwaukee||Loss|