* You already know about Brad Miller and John Salmons for Andres Nocioni, Drew Gooden, Ike Diogu and Cedric Simmons. Portland paid for the rest of Diogu's 2008-09 salary. Several reports claim Gooden is nowhere near healthy. The trade saves $10 million next season, but adds $1 million in 2010-11 and $6 million in 2011-12.
* As a result of the above trade, Sam Cassell (acquired earlier this week for a $350,000 profit) and Quincy Douby were waived.
* The Kings traded Bobby Brown and Shelden Williams to Minnesota for Rashad McCants and Calvin Booth. The deal saves $740,000 next season, as Brown had a player option.
* The Kings waived Mikki Moore, according to Sam Amick. That will hang his $2 million guaranteed salary on the team's 2009-10 payroll.
* The Kings tried to trade Kenny Thomas to New York for Nate Robinson and Jared Jeffries. Robinson is a restricted free agent this summer. That would have hung Jeffries' 2011-12 $6.8 million salary on the Sacramento payroll. But the Knicks rejected the offer, on the assumed basis that Robinson is awesome.
* UPDATE Amick reports that the Kings will take on Will Solomon's tiny contract along with cash from Boston in a deal that sends Celtic Patrick O'Bryant to Toronto. Solomon has an expiring contract.