Vegas Summer League is right around the corner and the Kings' roster has 3/5 of their probable starting 5 (by Thanksgiving) and last summer's standout Donte Greene participating. With that firepower, Coach Yoda will have his hands full trying to get these guys to run Princeton sets instead of devolving into the Rucker Park West that summer league usually becomes.
The question is, who will be the biggest black hole and average the most points?
1. Tyreke Evans - the rookie will presumably have the ball in his hands the most, clearly likes to create his own offense, and has the most playground-style friendly game on the Kings. Will he look to prove that Kings made the right choice?
2. Donte Greene - has reportedly put on muscle and has a year of riding the pine (when he wasnt dominating d-league games) to motivate him, and also has shown from last summer's 40pt explosion and 22ppg average for Houston that his game is made for summer
3. Spencer Hawes - the surprise entry 3rd yr man clearly hasn't had enough of beating up inferior competition. Led '08 squad in FGA and 17ppg last summer and would have averaged more if not for Quincy Douby the chucker. But will his minutes be cut to give room for the younger kids?
4. Jason Thompson - came on strong in final games of summer league and ended up averaging a quiet but healthy 16ppg last summer despite having few plays called for him, and presumably will be more of a featured low-post option this summer, putting to use Shareef's moves. Frustrated after not getting the accolades he feels he deserved last year, will he be make the jump Hawes made last summer?
5. Other: will Omar Casspi look to prove the home country proud? Will Jerel McNeal be the Bobby Brown of '09 summer league while fighting for a roster spot? Or will it be some other free agent journeyman?
Who will lead Kings '09 summer team in scoring average?
Tyreke Evans (84 votes)
Donte Greene (109 votes)
Spencer Hawes (32 votes)
Jason Thompson (35 votes)
other (3 votes)
263 total votes