Wuddup, Sactown, my name is Chris, and I'm currently a free agent in the NBA world. I'm from North-Central Kansas but am currently living in Taipei, Taiwan, serving as a missionary for my second of two years. I'm a huge NFL fan (specifically, of the Kansas City Chiefs), but I'm not a huge NBA fan, mostly because I don't have a rooting interest. I've been halfheartedly looking for a basketball franchise to support, but I'm coming up short all over the place. However, I'm somewhat circling in on a few real possibilities. After this final year in Taiwan, there's a pretty decent chance I'll be living in North-Central California, and it seems to me like there's one of two teams to support: The Warriors or The Kings.
Which leads me to ya'll: after seeing the show put on for LeBron the free agent, I'm thinking I should put myself on the market as well. I'm offering myself as a Fan Free Agent to both franchises, and I'd like you to convince me why I should be a member of your nation. As far as things I'm looking for go, I'm really looking at a few different characteristics:
- Future: I know both teams aren't stellar now, but which way are they trending?
- Going to games: I love attending pro games, but I'm a teacher, so I won't have a lot of cash. Will I be able to pull off a couple a year? And is the game day experience worth it? What sets it apart from the pack?
- Players: What star's jersey am I going to buy? And will he still be playing on the team in 3 years? (Extra points: Do the jerseys change so often that immediately after purchasing, I'll be forced to rebuy 20 minutes later?)
- Team/Ownership: How do the organizations treat the players and the fans?
- Other things I should know: "There's a good chance this team worships the devil, so if you have problems with that, perhaps you should seek another option," etc.
Would love some help on the project. Thanks, ya'll!
Who's it gonna be?
Warriors (14 votes)
Kings (96 votes)
Another option (5 votes)
Have you explored soccer? (51 votes)
166 total votes