This one goes out to Savage Beast, League Pass Addict and the SB/LPA boys. It was great meeting you today. Safe travels back to Utah.
- Ty Lawson continues his bid to steal away Most Improved Player from Marcus Thornton with a 25 pt., 8 assist effort during a 111-102 loss to Portland. Imagine how many more assists he might have had were it not for the fact that Nené and Danilo Gallinari bricked a combined 19 of 27 shots.
- In that same game Wesley Matthews scored 25 points on 15 shots, including 5-8 from 3.
- Dallas is 0-3 after a 104-102 loss at Oklahoma City. Durant with a nice 30/11/6 ast./2 blk. night, though he also had 6 to's. Russell Westbrook struggled for a second straight game: 6-15 field and 7 to's. Dirk had 29 and 10 for the Mavs.
- Kevin Martin had 25 pts. as Houston topped San Antonio in Houston 105-85. Kyle Lowry flirted with a triple-double: 16 pts., 9 rebs., 8 ast., plus 3 stls. and only 1 to. DeJuan Blair had 22 and 12 for the Spurs.Tim Duncan was 1-8 floor for 4 pts. and only 1 board in 16 minutes.
- Hometown product Ryan Anderson scored 22 pts. for the Orlando Magic, as they dropped New Jersey 94-78. Oh yeah, some guy named Dwight Howard pulled down 24 boards for Orlando and blocked 3 shots while going 7-9 floor for 16 pts.
- The junior team in LA beat the Knicks tonight, but no one on their team did anything worth mentioning (and never will within the confines of "Doing Lines"). Tyson Chandler had a double-double (13/11) for the Knicks. Mike Bibby had 2 pts. in 21 minutes for the Knicks. Jeremy Lin had 2 pts. in 2 minutes for the Knicks.
- The Kings
shitshot 58% from the free throw line tonight...50% if you back out DeMarcus Cousins. Stew on that one a bit if you have not already (and I'm betting you have).