A few of you have seen a link to an article from a website called "From the Capitol" claiming this:
Moving the Sacramento Kings has been a rumor for a while now, but we have learned this evening that they will in fact be moving to Anaheim.
Just so you guys stop panicking and filling fanpots/shots with this, here are a few facts I want you to consider:
- The website references the $100 million loan, which has been called inaccurate.
- The website says the Kings wouldn't be able to change their name next year as that approval process would take longer. That might be false (see note). The Sonics became the Thunder as soon as they moved. (Note: This actually might not be false, as part of the settlement the city of Seattle reached with Clay Bennett was that they keep the Supersonics name)
- The website says "Realted Articles" instead of "Related Articles". A quality publication indeed.
- How come nobody else is reporting that the deal is official? If there was actually a leak, we'd know.
- In one of the "Realted Articles" they claim that the Kings were a possible destination for Carmelo Anthony.