We give many thing to our favorite sports teams. We give our time, our emotions, or our money. We buy tickets, we buy jerseys, we buy hats, we buy onesies that my son outgrew after wearing only once. Our time, our energy, our emotions, and our money are all valuable commodities, and they are part of how we demonstrate that we care.
By now, you're hopefully aware of Here We Stay Night 2. The the first Here We Stay night, Tom collected donations, purchased, and dispensed tickets as a way to help ensure a sellout, and allow participation for those who would be unable to attend. Logistically this was a bit messy, but it had a positive impact.
We hope to make a similar impact again.
As many of you know, I live in Colorado. I follow the team from afar. NBA League Pass and Sactown Royalty are my lifelines to the Kings. Despite this distance, I care deeply about the Kings. I know many of you out there are in similar situations where you love the team from a distance. Some of you may be in Sacramento, but simply unable to attend the game against the Thunder. Despite distance or other obligations, we still may feel compelled to help the cause in any way we can.
For me, it's about being able to say I tried. To be able to say that, even from a distance, I did something to try to keep the Kings in Sacramento.
Due to circumstances beyond my control, I was unable to attend the Kings game in Denver the other day. Knoing I may have missed my last chance to see the Sacramento Kings in person is a terrible feeling. Hopefully I'll have another chance to see them next season, but we don't know.
Our very own edm7 has graciously volunteered to head up the organization of ticket donations this time around. Here is how the system will work:
- If you wish to donate, purchase discounted tickets via this link.
- Select the option to print the tickets yourself.
- The ticket will be sent to your personal e-mail.
- Forward that e-mail to Ed. His e-mail is listed in his profile.
- Ed will then determine a system to distribute tickets.
A few quick housekeeping notes:
- In order to have enough time to distribute tickets, all donations must be received by 11:59pm Pacific Time on Wednesday, April 6th.
- Do not put up fanshots or fanposts asking for these tickets. There will be a new post with details of how the tickets will be distributed.
To quote Ed:
I'm not too worried about how many tickets we are able to get, whether it's 10 or 100
The effort is what matters here. I missed what might be my last chance to see the Sacramento Kings in person. If I can give someone else that opportunity, even if it is only one person, it will be worth it to me.