Happy New Year Edition!
- Boston went into Washington and came away with a 94-86 win. The Wiz are now 0-4, 0-2 at home. Rajon Rondo threw a triple double with 18 points (7-10 field), 14 assists (against 3 turnovers) and 11 rebounds. KG added 24 and 9. John Wall had 19 points, 7 rebounds and 8 assists (1 turnover) for Washington, and JaVale McGee had a 16/14/5 block night. Rookie Chris Singleton is averaging a little better than 3 points in roughly 22 minutes a game for Washington so far this season.
- Orlando started the 4th quarter at home versus Toronto down 81-70, and came away with a 102-96 win. 19/15/3 blocks for Superman, while Ryan Anderson again impressed with 24 points on 9-16 field (5-8 from 3). J.J. Redick added 21 off the bench for the Magic. Andrea Bargnani had 28 points for the Raps, and Jose Calderon added 18 points and 13 assists (only 1 turnover).
- Miami built a 65-37 halftime lead against Charlotte and never looked back, 129-90 final. None of Miami's players eclipsed 30 minutes, and only Gerald Henderson played as many as 30 minutes for Charlotte. Chris Bosh had 24 points on 13 shots and 10 boards. D.J. White was 10-12 field on his way to 21 points for the 'Cats, and Kemba Walker had 17 points off the bench, which made D.J. Augustin's 1-11 performance look even worse.
- Cleveland evened their record at 2-2 with a 98-82 home win against New Jersey. Boobie Gibson was came off the Cav bench and hit 5-7 3's on his way to 19 points. Deron Williams had a 5 assist, turnover night for the Nyets.
- Minnesota got its first win of the season by throttling the Dallas Mavericks in Minny. Kevin Love had 25/17 for the T-Wolves. The Dallas bench was a combined 10-37 (27%) from the field, adding 10 turnovers versus 6 assists.
- The Nuggets pulled away from the Lakers late in Denver, using a 27-19 4th quarter to secure a 99-90 win. Ty Lawson had 17 points and 10 assists (2 turnovers) for the Nugs, and Al Harrington contributed a double double (12/11) off the bench. Per company policy, we do not post positive Lakers stats here, but we have no problem telling you that Kobe was 6-28 floor (1-8 from 3) with 6 turnovers. NaPG.
- Chicago 104, Memphis 64. The Bulls treated their fans to a 54-28 halftime lead, and a 84-44 3rd quarter lead. Carlos Boozer had a double double (17/11) in 24 minutes. Grizzlies starters were 8-41 from the floor (19.5%).
- The LA Clippers took a 17 point lead into the 4th quarter at Staples, then held on for a 93-88 win. Blake Griffin had a double double for the Clips (20/10) and 5 turnovers. Gerald Wallace was held scoreless for Portland, while Jamal Crawford scored 23 points off the bench on 7-16 shooting, 1-5 from 3.