Sorry that I'm running a little late tonight - fantasy football playoff draft earlier tonight.
- Utah used a 24-16 4th quarter to overcome New Orleans in Utah, 94-90. Jarrett Jack had 27 points and 11 assists (2 turnovers) in a losing effort as Eric Gordon missed another game. Jason Smith had 16 and 8 in 25 minutes off the bench. Carl Landry had 3 and 3 in 18 minutes. Utah's rookies continue to play portioned minutes - 13 for Kanter and 11 for Burks tonight.
- Denver is now 3-0 at home as they beat Milwaukee 91-86. Denver, like Utah, used big defensive 4th quarter (23-12) to snatch victory away from the Bucks. Danilo Gallinari had a double duble for the Nugs (21/10), and converted 10-12 from the line. Al Harrington continues to contribute off the bench (17/8). Brandon Jennings was 5-16 floor (0-4 from 3) and had 6 turnovers against 3 assists. Milwaukee starters shot 39% from the floor (25-64).
- Dallas handed Oklahoma City its first loss of the season, 100-87 in Dallas. 26 points for Dirk on 16 shots. 47 bench points for the Mavs (double figures for Carter, Terry and Mahinmi, with 8 from Lamar Odom). OKC only had 12 assists against 13 turnovers.
- Minnesota beat San Antonio in Minny 106-96, but the bad news for the Spurs is that Manu Ginobli broke his hand while attempting a steal. 24 and 15 for Kevin Love. 19 and 9 assists for Luke Ridnour, 6 and 3 for Ricky Rubio. Tiago Splitter had 12 points off the bench for the Spurs on 5-7 shooting.
- Toronto went into New York and beat the Amare-less Knicks 90-85. Kings assassin Josh Harrelson was 0-4 field (all from 3), and the Knicks were 10-35 from beyond the arc (29%). Carmelo Anthony did have 35 points, but he needed 31 shots. In fact, he and Toney Douglas took 50 of the Knicks' 78 shots. Rasul Butler had a double double (13/10) for the Raps.
- Indiana improved to 4-1 with a 108-94 win in New Jersey. Paul George had 21 points on 8-10 field (5-5 from 3). Shelden Williams took 9 shots for the Nyets and came away with 2 points. MarShon Brooks (thanks, Aykis!) came away with 21 and 7 in 32 minutes off the bench.
- Atlanta went into Miami and handed the Heat their first loss of the season, 100-92. The Hawks outscored Miami 33-21 in the 4th quarter. Tracy McGrady(!) contributed 16 points in 26 minutes off the bench for the Hawks on 5-8 shooting (3-3 from 3). McGrady also added 7 boards and 4 assists against only 1 turnover. Dwyane Wade handed out 10 assists for the Heat but was only 4-16 from the floor, finishing with 12 points.
- Detroit defended their home floor with a 89-78 win over Orlando. Ben Gordon scored 26 points for Detroit.
- Boston hosted Washington and sent them home with an 0-5 record, 100-92. Andray Blatche had 28 points on 10-20 shooting, adding 9 boards. John Wall was 4-13 floor for 11 points, adding 8 assists against 7 turnovers. Ray Allen was 6-7 from 3 on his way to 27 points.
- Golden State fell to the Suns in Phoenix, 102-91. Steve Nash had a tidy 21 points on 9-13 shooting and added 9 assists versus 2 turnovers. Markieff Morris came off the Suns bench and contributed 16 and 9 in 32 minutes. Monta Ellis had 18 points (despite 6-16 shooting) and 11 assists (3 turnovers) for the Dubs.
Hope I got 'em all. Until tomorrow...