I don't mean to sound like a DMC hater....but it seems to me that the KINGS play better when he's not on the court. Case in point...the LAKER game. He only played 21 minutes...so his horrible shooting tendencies were minimized (he hit 3 for 9 that night). For the season DMC is taking about 15% of all KING FG attempts. He is shooting a mere .425% (lower than the team average) . IMO: His shot selection is horrible and ball movement seems to be curtailed when he's on the floor. Additionally check this out:
1) Currently there are 24 NBA centers who average at least 26 minutes per game.
2) DMC is #12 (slightly over 30 mins p.g.)
3) DMC's 16.6 Pts p.g. ranks 6th of 24.
4) His 10 REBs p.g. rank #7.
5) DMC's .7 BLKs p.g. rank #21 of 24.
6) Now the BAD NEWS: DMC's FG % ranks #23 of 24 (Only Hibbert's dreadful start is worse...and he will be higher than DMC by the end of the season.)
So, it seems to me that if the KINGS insist on continuing to make DMC the center of the offense the team is doomed to a season of loosing, frustrating, boring....and yes, pouty efforts. I'm sure Coach Smart sees this, I wonder if he can get DMC to see this and change the fortunes of the team.
The beatings will continue until morale improves