NBA Draft Lottery Update: Kings On Fringe, Looking At No. 7 Pick

Oh hi, certain No. 1 pick. Mandatory Credit: Mark Zerof-US PRESSWIRE

One byproduct of the Sacramento Kings' string of success before that awful road trip to close out the first half of the season was that it dropped the team down the Ping Pong Derby race. At one point, the Kings will right around the fourth-worst club in the NBA, behind Charlotte, Washington and New Orleans. But some wins at home pushed the Kings down to the seventh-worst team in the league.

The Kings have finished no better the fifth worst in the past three seasons. (It was a tie for fifth last season.) I reset the entire jumble at the bottom of the standings at SBNation.com today.

If the Kings do end up finishing with the league's seventh worst schedule, they would have a 4.3 percent probability of winning the No. 1 pick and a 15 percent probability of leaping into the top three. There'd be a 60 percent likelihood of sticking at No. 7 and a 25 percent probability of falling to No. 8 or No. 9.

X
Log In Sign Up

forgot?
Log In Sign Up

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior users will need to choose a permanent username, along with a new password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

I already have a Vox Media account!

Verify Vox Media account

Please login to your Vox Media account. This account will be linked to your previously existing Eater account.

Please choose a new SB Nation username and password

As part of the new SB Nation launch, prior MT authors will need to choose a new username and password.

Your username will be used to login to SB Nation going forward.

Forgot password?

We'll email you a reset link.

If you signed up using a 3rd party account like Facebook or Twitter, please login with it instead.

Forgot password?

Try another email?

Almost done,

By becoming a registered user, you are also agreeing to our Terms and confirming that you have read our Privacy Policy.

Join Sactown Royalty

You must be a member of Sactown Royalty to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Sactown Royalty. You should read them.

Join Sactown Royalty

You must be a member of Sactown Royalty to participate.

We have our own Community Guidelines at Sactown Royalty. You should read them.

Spinner.vc97ec6e

Authenticating

Great!

Choose an available username to complete sign up.

In order to provide our users with a better overall experience, we ask for more information from Facebook when using it to login so that we can learn more about our audience and provide you with the best possible experience. We do not store specific user data and the sharing of it is not required to login with Facebook.

tracking_pixel_9347_tracker