For the second time this season, the Sacramento Kings have lost in disappointing fashion to a Phoenix Suns team that is one of the few teams in the NBA with a worse record than them. The Kings committed a season high 25 turnovers and the Suns scored 27 points off those miscues. Meanwhile Phoenix had just 11 turnovers to 30 assists.
Luis Scola led the game in scoring with 21 points on a phenomenal 9 of 13 from the field despite playing with foul trouble much of the game. Scola and the Suns found themselves down by 10 points right after halftime but fought back, taking the lead back in the 4th quarter. Michael Beasley also came alive for Phoenix, scoring 11 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter, where Phoenix outscored Sacramento 32 to 19.
DeMarcus Cousins had 15 points, 15 rebounds and 5 assists, but also shot just 7-18 from the field and had 6 turnovers. Tyreke Evans was the only other starter in double figures with 16 points to go with 6 rebounds and 4 assists.
Sacramento also hurt themselves from the line, shooting just 15-24. John Salmons, a good FT shooter, was just 2-6.
- Thomas Robinson continues to look better and better. He finished with 12 points (6-9 from field), 14 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal in 26 minutes. He's showing much more patience around the basket and is letting the game come to him.
- Isaiah Thomas has been in a bit of a shooting slump lately and tonight was no different as he shot just 2-10 and missed all three of this three-point attempts. He did have 7 assists though.
- Shannon Brown hit several of what I like to call "Kobe shots": Shots that are terrible, terrible shots and then they go in anyway, always at the most inopportune moments for Sacramento.
- Jimmer Fredette continues to get the short shaft. After two straight DNP-CDs, Fredette played just 4 minutes and barely touched the ball. Yet Aaron Brooks playing time continues to rise.
- Reports out of the arena were that the DJ began playing "Don't Stop Believing" after the game was over. That is awesome.
For the opponent's perspective visit Bright Side Of The Sun