Carl Landry hasn't played at all in the Kings preseason, and didn't even travel to Las Vegas for Thursday's game. The team has called it a strained calf. Jason Jones asked Michael Malone about the injury.
"I believe they've gotten the MRIs done and the results," Malone said. "I'm waiting to speak with (director of sports medicine) Pete Youngman and (general manager) Pete D'Alessandro about that, but Carl could be out for a short time as he kind of recoups from that quad strain."
Welp. Hopefully "short time" means this week's preseason games and not the next few weeks. Landry is going to be a big part of the club this season, so the quicker he gets integrated, the better. Also, his previous experience not meshing totally awesomely with DeMarcus Cousins on the court is something that Malone's going to have to see and address.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute didn't play Thursday. He's apparently suffering from some knee pain. As in, knee pain that's hurt his availability over the past couple of seasons. Malone notes that Mbah a Moute played in Afrobasket for Cameroon in August, so it may be an issue where he needs to manage his workload this season to play through the pain. Not a great thought, though Travis Outlaw, you know.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- Kings give community assist with charity programs
- 3 incredible quotes from Sactown magazine's stunning Vivek profile that will change your life
- Kings vs. Lakers score: Travis Outlaw (!) leads Sacramento to 104-86 victory
- Kings vs. Lakers preview: DeMarcus Cousins's turn to show off his summer work
- The Sactown Royalty Show Ep 18: Section214 Talking Preseason