Luc Richard Mbah a Moute, who hasn't played since the preseason opener on October 7, is expected to play on Wednesday as the Kings face the Warriors, the team announced on Monday. Mbah a Moute participated in his first practice since training camp on Monday, as he's dealt with recurring knee pain.
Mbah a Moute had been expected to nab the starting small forward spot with the Kings on account of his defense and solid experience. But his injury absence may have opened up the spot for Travis Outlaw (who has been surprisingly good this preseason) or John Salmons (unsurprisingly hideous). We'll see.
Mbah a Moute's return leaves Carl Landry as the only unavailable King. Landry's out until January or February recovering from a torn hip flexor.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- Kings vs. Blazers score: Portland wins 109-105 as Patrick Patterson makes his case
- Kings vs. Blazers preview: Sacramento looks to continue meaningless winning streak
- Isaiah Thomas, Greivis Vasquez in 'toe-to-toe' battle for Kings starting job
- Kings' home opener is apparently going to be insane
- How watchable are the Kings?