The penultimate preseason game for the Kings (7 p.m. Pacific, Comcast Sports Bay Area) is important for a lot of reasons, but especially as it's an opportunity to raise some dough for breast cancer awareness and in particular one local charity helping victims of the disease, Albie Aware. Our favorite fan, Barbara Rust (aka Sign Lady), will be recognized as well.
There's also a game, one of only two left before tipoff of the regular season. The Kings faced the Warriors to open preseason two weeks ago, and while Michael Malone's new defensive bent was on display, DeMarcus Cousins struggled on offense in that one. He's since turned it around. If Andrew Bogut plays, it'll be a good test for the Kings' big man.
Luc Richard Mbah a Moute is also back, albeit perhaps not in excellent shape. We'll see. The point guard battle is also worth watching. Greivis Vasquez is, yes, recovering from offseason surgery. But he really hasn't been too impressive at all so far. Isaiah Thomas has been, including in terms of setting up teammates. I'm also looking forward to more Ben McLemore and more Jimmer Fredette.
Kings 110-Warriors 102.
Don't leave us behind,
Golden State. It's so lonely
down here with Lakers.
Game thread at 7.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- The Sactown Royalty Show Ep 20: Jared Dubin
- Luc Richard Mbah a Moute injury update: Forward will play for Kings Wednesday
- A quick look at Kings preseason stats through 5 games
- Kings vs. Blazers score: Portland wins 109-105 as Patrick Patterson makes his case
- Kings vs. Blazers preview: Sacramento looks to continue meaningless winning streak