Last year, I decided to start a prediction contest before each game as an added bit of fun. The yearly All-Star prediction contests had always been well-received so I thought doing one each night would be even better.
The contest was a much bigger success than I ever thought it would be. After the relocation saga began anew in January, I stopped writing the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and I also stopped the prediction contest as we began to shift our focus away from basketball. I ended up receiving so many e-mails and tweets asking me to bring the contest back that it only ended up being on hiatus a couple weeks.
This year, the contest continues as you guys try to end my reign as Nostradumbass, as if that will ever happen.
To start, we'll have a Prediction Contest for the whole year. Make your guesses in the comments below, and at the end of the year I'll tally up the correct guesses and add them to your final score from the nightly contests, which begin on Wednesday.
1. What will be the Kings record this year? (5 points for a correct guess)
2. Who will score the most points in a single-game for Sacramento and how many points will that be? (2 points for guessing the correct player, 5 points for guessing the correct point total and player)
3. Who will tally the most assists in a single-game for Sacramento and how many assists will that be? (2 points for guessing the correct player, 5 points for guessing the correct assist total and player)
4. Who will grab the most rebounds in a single-game for Sacramento and how many rebounds will that be? (2 points for guessing the correct player, 5 points for guessing the correct rebound total and player).
5. How many double-doubles will DeMarcus Cousins have this season? (5 points for guessing the correct total)
6. How many three pointers will Ben McLemore hit in his rookie season? (5 points for guessing the correct total)
7. Which Kings on the opening night roster will be on different teams at the end of the season (1 point for each correct guess, -1 point for each incorrect guess)
8. In what game will Carl Landry make his 2013-14 debut? Here's a link to the schedule. Hint: Original prognosis 3-4 months. (5 points for a correct guess)
9. Which opposing player will score the most points in a single game against Sacramento? (5 points for the correct player, 10 points for the player and the total)
10. What will be the average attendance at Sacramento Kings games this year? (2 points for the nearest hundred, 5 points for the nearest ten, 10 points for guessing exactly)
Remember, you can't win if you don't play, and it costs nothing to play so have a guess and have fun!