Greivis Vasquez did not play in Monday's preseason game against the Golden State Warriors as he rested his right ankle. Vasquez had surgery to remove bone spurs from his ankle back in May. Last week's training camp was the first time he was cleared to play this summer.
Yahoo's Marc Spears reports that Vasquez is expected to make his Kings debut on Monday against the Los Angeles Clippers. Spears also mentions that Vasquez has been "tabbed their point guard of the future".
Isaiah Thomas is the incumbent starter for Sacramento and he won't be easily unseated from that position. Both players offer the Kings a very different look, with Thomas being a more natural scorer and Vasquez a more natural passer.
Both players are in the last years of their deal. The Kings could try to secure Vasquez long term by offering him an extension before the deadline of Oct. 31st.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- StR Night I: Ticket Donation thread
- Kings vs. Warriors score: Golden State wins meaningless game 94-81
- Kings vs. Warriors preview: Our first look at the new Sacramento
- Kings Individual Ticket Sales Begin on October 10th Along With "Top-10" Game Pack
- Kings schedule: Preseason Week 1 is here, everyone!