The Golden State Warriors, thanks to a bit of graceful magic, beat the Sacramento Kings 98-87 in a dramatic, soul-trying battle Saturday. Klay Thompson led the Warriors with 27 points on 10-17 shooting. Ben McLemore responded with a heroic 19.
DeMarcus Cousins was bewitched by a hobgoblin of some sort and finished with just 8 points and 7 rebounds. He played just 18 minutes due to a mix of foul trouble and clearly apparent ennui. Point
guards gourds* Greivis Vasquez and Isaiah Thomas combined for 14 points on 3-17 shooting with 8 assists and 3 turnovers. Jimmer Fredette hovered above the fray with his rocket pack until only three minutes remained. At that point he dismounted and moved civilization ahead three decades with a single sweet jumper and a single face deflection. (Jimmer now leads the NBA in face deflections per 48, according to SportVU.)
At least one Kings fan watching at home spent the fourth quarter researching yurt design and writing an ingredient list for a chicken pot cake prototype.
* Unfortunate spell by a halftime wizarding demonstration.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- Kings vs. Warriors: Q&A on Golden State with Nate Parham
- Kings vs. Warriors Fan Predictions
- Kings vs. Warriors preview: A tough finish to opening week
- Kings vs. Warriors: Full coverage
- Kings vs. Warriors set for 7:30 p.m. Pacific