The NBA has suspended Atlanta Hawks point guard Dennis Schroeder for his low blow against DeMarcus Cousins on Tuesday. Schroeder was fighting through a Cousins screen at the 9:54 mark of the fourth quarter when he connected with Cousins' groin. Schroeder will serve his suspension Thursday, sitting out Altanta's game against the Denver Nuggets.
After Tuesday's game, Cowbell Kingdom quoted DeMarcus Cousins as saying:
"I took a cheap shot to my lower area," Cousins told reporters from his locker after the game. "They (the refs) just blew it off. I guess because it was me. But as soon as something happens on the other end, because it’s me, they run to the camera."
Cousins, of course, has had his own incidents with striking players below the belt. Cousins was supended one game last season after hitting then-Mavericks guard OJ Mayo in the groin on December 11, 2012.
With a hat tip to News 10's Bryan May, here is the video of the incident.
More from Sactown Royalty:
- Kings Links: Greivis Vasquez is overthinking it, DeMarcus Cousins' reputation and more
- The Sactown Royalty Show Ep 22: Bo Churney
- Kings 100, Hawks 105: Sacramento digs a hole too deep to climb out of
- Kings Links: Reaction after loss to Hawks, Luc Richard Mbah a Moute update and more
- Kings Links: Ben McLemore impresses, Michael Malone is miserable and more