Lost in a lot of yesterday's excitement is the fact that the Kings have a game today. How about that! The newest Kings will not be playing in tonight's game however as they move from Toronto in hopes of being available Wednesday night.
MATCHUP OF THE GAME
Ray McCallum vs. Anybody
Tonight marks the first time that Ray McCallum will likely see meaningful minutes in the NBA and I for one could not be more excited to see how he does. I enjoyed watching McCallum in the Summer League and in his short time in Reno. With Isaiah promoted to the starting lineup, McCallum has to fill a big void. Will he be a distributor, a scorer, or both? Boom or bust, I'm glad he'll finally get a chance to prove himself.
1. Monta Ellis. The mercurial shooting guard is having his best year to date, and it's likely because he doesn't have to be "the man" next to Dirk. His TS% of .564 is a career-high and the Kings will be hard pressed to stop his penetration. I think this is another good test for Kings rookie Ben McLemore.
2. Shorthanded Rotation. After this trade, the Kings will be dressing just 10 players tonight. Hamady N'Diaye might see big time minutes out of pure necessity.
3. Isaiah as a starter. Isaiah has been phenomenal off the bench so far, let's see if he can keep it up as a full-time starter.
There's still time to catch Tom (37th place) and be eligible for the drawing for a Kings gift card. You need to be ahead of him at the end of December. Here's the group. Keep in mind that you can make picks for future games, too.
Monta Have it All.
Except a contract in Sac.
For that, I'm thankful.
Kings 141, Mavericks 32 as Kings players experience burst of boundless energy upon being freed from the shackles of Salmonsdom.
- Rudy Gay, new Kings will not be available for Sacramento vs. Mavericks Monday
- Kings trade rumors: Jason Thompson the next to be unloaded
- Rudy Gay trade causes lineup shifts galore for Kings
- Rudy Gay traded to Kings for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons and more
- Rudy Gay trade: Kings concede potential 2014-15 cap space in hopes of improvement