Hey everybody, the other day I was on Reddit, and someone posted a link to this game that he created called Basketball GM. Basically, you are a GM for a team, and you have to manage the entire team. You have you manage finances (how much to pay for coaching, scouting, how much to charge for tickets, etc.) rosters and roster moves. You also get to monitor playing time for players, the starting lineup.
I know how everyone here at Sactown Royalty thinks that they would make for a better GM than anyone else in the world. Here's your chance to prove it.
The team you choose to play with affects the games easiness level. Playing with a team with a large fan base (like Chicago or Miami) makes it easier because you have more money to play with. Choosing Sacramento is harder because we have a smaller fanbase.
Some tips and notes for you guys:
- The franchise is completely randomized. There is absolutely no correlation between players in the game and those in real life (however, there are coincidences like Miami having the best player in the game on their team.)
- When looking at a players height, don't look at their listed height in feet/inches, look at their stats (it will make more sense when you're looking at it.
- More often than not, (at least for me) a player with high potential does not fully realize it, so be careful when drafting on potential.
- For the draft, there is a (if I'm correct) 4 team lottery. While playing as Sacramento, I had the worst record, but the got the 4th pick two years in a row.
- Be careful with finances. Even if you're winning, if you are losing your owner money, you will be fired.