A recent MRI revealed that Sacramento Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas has strained ligaments in his wrist, per a report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports. Woj indicates that any complications could result in Isaiah missing some time.
On the bright side, the report adds:
The wrist issue is considered "a short-term nuisance," one source said, and will have no long-term bearing on Thomas' career.
The injury comes at a precarious time for the Kings, amid reports that Sacramento has made Isaiah available in trade discussions. Any injury, even a short term injury, could throw a wrench into trade negotiations as the trade deadline nears.
Any missed time would also be a huge loss for the Kings on the court, as Isaiah is one of the team's few reliable players. When the Kings have been without Isaiah, DeMarcus Cousins, or Rudy Gay, the team has been far less successful.
- Report: Isaiah Thomas is available
- Special StR Ticket Offer for 2/25 game against the Houston Rockets
- Report: Kings and Nets discussing Marcus Thornton for Jason Terry and Reggie Evans deal
- Report: Kings and Cavaliers in talks regarding Jarrett Jack for Marcus Thornton or Jason Thompson
- News and Rumors from the 2014 NBA Trade Deadline