Alright, so half this stuff is just going to come straight out Amick's story.
- Shareef is still six weeks away, according to Adelman. Which means All-Star break. Which is rather close to the trade deadline. Which means Kenny Thomas is going to be around a while, possibly all season. I don't think Petrie is going to allow Corliss Williamson to start for this team, even for a couple weeks while Reef gets back into shape.
- Bonzi is still a couple weeks away, too. The interesting note here is that he officiated a Kings scrimmage Monday. Can't imagine how Peja fared in said game.
- Justin Kubatko of Basketball-Reference.com has a neat piece at Courtside Times on who wins close games (hint: not necessarily the best teams). He does prove a good common sense theory: elite teams win a lot of blowouts. Subpar teams lose a lot of blowouts.
- The Chicago Sun-Times is talking about Peja to the Bulls, but in the offseason. It looks like the CHI will have about $15 million in cap space. Their season is going down fast - they should just give us Luol Deng already. (Via Ben Maller.)
- After only a quarter of watching Cavs vs. Rockets, I was already exhausted by Cleveland's PA guy. Have a Zanax. Jesus.
- I've pretty much stopped listening to KHTK. I don't think I need to explain myself, really. But this is pretty funny:
That was news to Pacers CEO Donnie Walsh.
"There's no truth to that," he said in a telephone interview from his home, adding that no deal was imminent.
Remember: See a Clipper? Poison him!