Ben Wallace has been signed by the Chicago Bulls.
This is the biggest offseason move since Shaq got shipped to Miami two years ago - not in that it necessary shifts the power structure of the entire league (though Chicago is substantially better and Detroit is substantially worse), but that it sets off a monster round of Domino Rally.
Joel Przybilla will not be a Bull. This means he'll be a Spur, a Blazer, a King, or a Hawk, most likely.
[editor's note, by louismg] He stays a Blazer for five years, and is off the table.
- Tyson Chandler is very available. Like salary dump available. John Paxson will not pay $100 million for two all-defense-and-rebounding, no-offense centers.
- Bonzi Wells could be waiting a while to get that offer from Detroit, which is still cap-strapped and now with bigger fish to fry.
- Darko Milicic will drink tonight.
- Joe Dumars will kick a bum tonight.
- Flip Saunders will get killed by Detroit fans if they continue to believe Wallace left due to their spats.
- The value of the Big Ben blow-up doll will shoot through the roof.
- This offseason will be ridiculously loaded with trades.