Well, they did.
A couple of notes gleaned only from the box score:
- No Ron Artest. Minnesota's youngsters have been spared for this round.
- Kevin Martin goes for 20 points in 27.5 minutes on 11 shots. He could go for 40 this summer. (And considering the competition level, it still wouldn't mean a thing.)
- Francisco Garcia didn't have such a good game. 2 for 8, four turnovers. He's a slow starter.
- Ronnie Price has 13 points on 4 of 7 shooting. And a team-high three assists. I'd make fun of the Kings' assist number if Minnesota didn't have just a total of 4. For the whole team.
- Sacramento MVP? Starter Louis Amundson - the UNLV Mark Madsen. 16 points on 9 shots, seven rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals. Not bad, rook.
- Justin Williams of the University of Wyoming got 7 personal fouls in 22 minutes. That's just impressive.
- Stockton Royalty alert: Christian Maraker scored 2 points in very limited time.
- Top opponent Randy Foye goes for 23 points. Hrm.
- Administrative note: The Sactown Greatest series will resume early next week with #15. Things got kind of screwed up this week with the holiday. My bad. Feel free to make your guesses in the comments.