- Marc Stein's virgin power rankings stick the Kings at #25. Hard to argue.
- If you're at all interested in stats, Knickerblogger has a pretty simple endorsement of per-minutes.
- Phil Jackson may or may not be back with the Lakers next season. Things are looking so good for that 'passing Red Auerbach on the all-time coaching titles' quest, are they? Meanwhile, Kurt from Forum Blue & Gold focuses on the present with what he'd like to see for those evil Lakers.
- The Bee's Sam Amick thinks Darryl Watkins has 'a realistic chance' to secure a roster spot. I think looking at the guaranteed contracts by position, you'd have to give a third point guard (the lesser of Orien Greene and Mustafa Shakur) or a swingman (Nik Caner-Medley) the pole position. But Watkins played well in Vegas and certainly got the team's attention since they locked him in for a partial guarantee for training camp so quickly. We'll see.
- I wasn't aware they ever died, but the Miami trade talks appear to be back on, according to Sean Deveney of The Sporting News. Via FanHouse.
- I might have some pretty fun content coming up if all goes well today. Stay tuned.
By Tom Ziller