clock menu more-arrow no yes

At this time next week, we will be adding a player to our roster. While we continue with our draft board, I thought that I would take a look around and see what others see for us. The following is the result of compiling 50 mock drafts.

There is a small but talented group that just isn't going to drop to us according to these 50 mockers. They are Rose, Beasley, Mayo, Bayless, Gordon, and B.Lopez. I raised an eyebrow or two to see all 50 mockers select Lopez prior to #12, while guys like Westbrook, Augustin, Alexander, Randolph, Love and Gallinari all fell to us at least times each.

So who's left for us? Well, if you like Joe Alexander you'll love the rule of the mob -

  • Joe Alexander, 11 times
  • D.J. Augustin, 7 times
  • Anthony Randolph, 6 times
  • Darrell Arthur, 6 times
  • Russell Westbrook, 5 times
  • DeAndre Jordan, 4 times
  • Kevin Love, 3 times
  • Danilo Gallinari, 3 times
  • Donte Greene, 2 times
  • Marreese Speights, 1 time
  • Roy Hibbert, 1 time
  • Kosta Koufos, 1 time

That's 12 potential new Kings. According to this learned group of prognosticators, we have a 24% chance of landing a PG, a 44% chance of drafting a big, a 32% chance of drafting a SF, and a 0% chance of selecting a SG. There is a 64% chance that we will get a player that we have in our own top 10.

And while this is all conjecture, the majority "wisdom" last year had us selecting Spencer Hawes. Who knows?

No, really. Who knows?