Lest this page turn completely purple...
- How do the Kings figure in Elton Brand's flight of the Clippers? ClipsNation draws on some comments Brand made after the April 2007 game in which the tanking Kings destroyed the Clippers' playoff hopes by winning.
- In case you're wondering what a lack of basketball does to someone like me.
- TV critic Rick Cushman of The Bee asserts that the awesomeness of Kings fans and Second Saturday are related. (Also: Cushman critiqued my work in a journo class at Sac State, and his five-minutes of attention made me a much, much better writer. Which is to say: if you think I'm bad now, think of how awful I was before Cushman got to me!)
- The salary cap is set at $58.68 million, and the luxury tax is $71.15 million. The mid-level exception is $5.585 million, which makes Beno Udrih's total contract value come to $32.76 million.
- Jason Thompson signed his deal and is ready for Summer League this weekend.
- Zabian Dowdell, another Summer League player, caught Seattle's attention last summer after going undrafted. (You might have to highlight the page to read it. OKC has spread darkness over the Un-Sonics' website.)
- Notice to any random NBA players reading this: Morton's is moving.
- We all love Kelly Dwyer's work, but this column on sporting double-standards deserves extra attention.
- Brandon Jennings will play in Europe next season. For purely selfish reasons, I hope it drops his draft stock into the #12-15 range. So that the Blazers can deal to acquire the pick right in front of Sacramento and steal him. (I'm not bitter.)