As I sit here watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade, I can't help but wish that it was dangerously windy in New York. It always make the parade more interesting.
But I also can't help but reflect on how enjoyable the beginning of this season has been. As I read the recap from last night's game, I couldn't help but to think of a few Kings things I'm thankful for.
- The Kings are 6-8. A lot of teams wouldn't celebrate a losing record, but after a 17-win season it's nice to have experienced 6 wins already this season.
- Tyreke Evans. As someone who was among the most vocal advocates for some kid named Rubio, I have become completely enamored with Tyreke and his game. I really like what he brings to this team, I think he can become a star, and I he's a fun player to follow.
- Sam Amick and Jason Jones. It's truly something to be thankful for that there are two quality reporters giving us Kings news.
- Donté Greene's rebirth. As a guy who many had written off, it's really nice to see Donté making a positive impact in games.
- Kevin Martin. Even though he's injured, I feel thankful to be a Kings fan so I can understand just how good Martin is, even if casual fans of other teams don't fully understand.
- Jason Thompson. It's a lot of fun watching JT come into his own and becoming a true force down low.
- Beno Udrih. Yes, that's right. I'm thankful for Beno Udrih, specifically how he's back to playing well and working on earning that contract. We should all be thankful that his play has improved from last season.
- Coach Westphal. The guy deserves a lot of credit for some of the early changes we've seen. Just how much credit is still unknown, but I'm thankful that we've got a coach who seems to have a clue what he's doing, and it getting the players to buy in and play hard.
- Sactown Royalty. I've said it before, but I am so very happy that this site and this community exist. I'm thankful for guys like TZ and Section who keep things running, and I'm thankful for all of the folks that read and contribute. The level of discussion here is so far above and beyond anything else out there, and it make me proud to be a part of it. Much thanks to everyone who discusses, argues, debates, and jokes about our favorite team, the Sacramento Kings. You're what makes a 17-win season tolerable, and what makes a 6-8 start feel so rewarding.
If I've forgotten anyone or anything, or there are other things about the Kings that you'd like to share you thanks for, let's open it up in the comments.
I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday.