I took a ton of notes at tonight's game, but it basically boiled down to a few rantdumb thoughts -
- The Kings built a 13 point lead by the end of the 1st quarter, and started the 2nd quarter with five bench players. The lead quickly evaporated.
- A more consistent version of Luther Head would be a nice running mate with Tyreke.
- There were perhaps 12,000 people in attendance, but fewer than 2,000 by the final buzzer.
- The Simpsons have been on TV for 22 years, and have never had a night at ARCO. But Glee has now had a night. Glee. Glee.
- There was a little random booing when the deficit grew to 14 with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, with more booing when the Kings turned it over on a 24 second shot clock violation at around the 3 minute mark of the 3rd.
- The crowd got loud and into it when the Kings closed the gap to 7 with 8 minutes left in the game, and stayed in it up until the mass exodus when the Kings fell down 8 with 52 seconds left.
- I was pleased to see Evans feed the low post on multiple occasions. More, please.
- Donté played the last 20+ minutes of the game.
- I understand the Kings being budget-minded, but long-standing graffiti in the bathroom? Really, guys?
- And while we're at it, how about some wi-fi access for the fans? It would be nice to be able to access in-game stats on our smartphones, you know?
- I've mentioned before that this team does not so much have depth as it has width. So many players that bring about the same amount of positives and negatives to the table. Maybe it's time to bite the bullet, tighten the rotations a little bit, and see where that takes us for the next 30 days. It seemed to me that there were a lot of occasions where the Kings players were trying to figure each other out while on the floor. I'm certainly no expert and could be mistaken, but that's how it appeared to me.
Conversation starter - How much money would you be willing to bet on the Kings beating New Jersey on Friday night?