- Jason Jones of The Bee writes that Paul Westphal looks forward to being around for the entire draft process this summer. Last season, he was hired only two weeks before the big night, but still participated in quite a few workouts and interviews.
- Speaking of the draft, you ought to be reading DraftExpress's Portsmouth coverage (Day 1, Day 2), and not just for the Ryan Thompson love. A couple future NBA players come through Portsmouth every year -- Jon Brockman and Wesley Matthews, to name two from 2009.
- Kevin Pelton of Basketball Prospectus breaks down leaguewide trends for the season, including the slight deflation of offense ... offset by a boost in pace, which will help get the NBA over the 100-ppg average for the first time in ages. The most interesting thing to me concerns the bursting of the corner three bubble, something John Schuhmann wrote about for NBA.com last month.
- Geoff Petrie ranked the No. 4 Blazer of all-time by The Oregonian. As you'd expect, there's a lot of great old-school Petrie stuff here.
- M. Haubs of The Painted Area looks at the massive changing of the guard in NBA ownership.