Here We Buy Night 2 has arrived!
We got some great news this week: Vivek Ranadivé has become the third whale in the investment group planning to keep the Kings in Sacramento, and there's a solid term sheet that has been struck between the investors, city management and the mayor, one that will protect Sacramento's general fund while spurring massive revitalization in downtown.
It's time to show our appreciation to everyone involved (including ourselves). No better way to do that than blow the roof off of the old barn again (as we have thousands of times). Here's what you need to know:
* Attend the game! There are still tickets available at good prices.
* Chant flyers! When in doubt: "Sac-ra-men-to!" or "Here We Stay!"
* At the opening tip, Crown Downtown will be leading everyone in a "Save our Kings!" chant. Get it going.
* In the second quarter when we chant "Thank you KJ!" during Sixers free throws and breaks in the action, the plan is to "KJ" -- hold a phone (pretend or otherwise) up to your ear while raising a fist to the sky. (A fist, not a flat hand, please.)
* If you talk to Kings fans there unfamiliar with Here We Buy, direct them to HereWeBuy.org and ask them to consider expressing interest in season tickets at the new gym. Let's boost that number before April 3.
* Be positive. There's no benefit in dissing Seattle, especially if you speak to the media.
* Speak to the media! Tell our story!
* Some folks are still seeking tickets. If you'd like to help out, visit our Ticket Exchange thread.
Alright, Sacramento. Let's do this. For those far-flung or otherwise unable to get to the arena, we'll have a game thread at 6.