The Kings have signed DeQuan Jones for training camp.— Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) September 13, 2013
Jones, a 23-year-old 6'8 wing, went undrafted out of Miami in 2012, but made the Magic roster after a training camp invite. He played 800 minutes for Orlando, appearing in 63 games and starting 17. Jones is super athletic, but put up really mediocre numbers at The U and in Orlando despite being a top-25 recruit back in 2008. Yahoo!'s Marc Spears wrote a good story about DeQuan's path to the NBA last year.
As is the case with the other training camp invites, there's not much roster space. But if Jones elects to stay in the United States this season and opts for the D-League, the Kings can have him assigned to Reno where he'll remain in the pipeline. It's worth noting that Jones is from Marietta, Ga., where Bighorns GM Shareef Abdur-Rahim grew up.
Also, in terms of salary:
@sactownroyalty For the record: Jones and Aitken have no guaranteed money, and Lockett has $35,000.— Mark Deeks (@MarkDeeksNBA) September 13, 2013
More from Sactown Royalty:
- 30Q: Will the absence of Tyreke Evans be noticeable, and if so how?
- 30Q: How much will the fan experience change next season? Andy Miller weighs in
- The Sactown Royalty Show Ep 14: Biegler, Fippin & Friends
- 30Q: Will the Kings be able to grant Cousins' wish and obtain a defensive sidekick?
- The official jerky of Sactown Royalty