Without the game broadcasted on TV, its tough to get a gauge on exactly what happened tonight in Lexington, Carmichael Dave's heroic Periscope efforts aside. But, here are some observations just from the glimpses we got anyways:
- The first quarter went about as poorly as can be, with the Kings down 28-12 early. Anthony Davis was a monster and couldn't miss, but it was letting guys like Chris Douglas-Roberts and Dante Cunningham shoot well above their averages that hurt the most. Thankfully, it seems like the team got the message at halftime, and limited the Pelicans to only 37 points after the break
- DeMarcus Cousins was cheered every time he touched the ball, but it was a relatively forgettable game for him. 19 points on 4/13 shooting with five turnovers isn't exactly his best outing, although there was this nasty poster on AD who I'm sure will be getting an earful from Boogie about it next time they hang out. Boogie tweaked his ankle, but came back into the game so probably nothing too serious there.
- Darren Collison is just too damn good off the bench. 19 points in only 24 minutes, shooting 8/11 from the field. He could legitimately contend for Sixth Man of the Year this season.
- Omri Casspi had a nice breakout game at last, getting out on the break and shooting well from three to the tune of 16 points on 7/13 shooting (2/4 from three). Good to see him shaking off the preseason doldrums. On the other hand, I'm pretty sure it was Casspi who was playing smallball 4 when Ryan Anderson went into the post and had his way with the Kings inside.
BaeGay notched a 20/10 night, which is great to see from a small forward. Rudy's effort on the boards has been terrific in preseason.
- Rajon Rondo had a quiet night statistically, and from what I could tell in limited Periscope glimpses, wasn't all that interested in playing defense today.