With the relationship between the Sacramento Kings and George Karl finally official, we take a look around the web for reactions. Obviously the process was very public and very messy, so there's going to be some coverage from that angle. Overall, though, people are generally high on the move. The common thinking is that Karl is a good coach with a proven history of improving teams. We know that, of course, but it's great seeing it echoed by so many established analysts and writers.
Without further ado, here's a roundup of the day's reaction to the hiring:
- Matt Moore of CBS Sports asks if Karl and DeMarcus Cousins can work together.
- David Thorpe of ESPN's TrueHoop thinks Karl is a good fit for Sacramento's roster (Video).
- Andrew Feinstein of Denver Stiffs welcomes Karl back to the NBA, and thinks Karl will help the Kings.
- Rob Mahoney of Sports Illustrated thinks the Kings found a match, even if the process wasn't great.
- Stan Van Gundy thinks the Kings treated Ty Corbin poorly. Kings fans are just wondering if this lecture on class was faxed from a Kinkos.
- Ailene Voison of The Bee thinks the Kings finally got it right.