The Sacramento Kings announced their second pre-draft workout this morning. Said workout will take place on May 24th, and feature 7'6" UC Irvine giant Mamadou Ndiaye.
Via Kings.com -
May 24, 2016
- Venky Jois (F – 6’8" 230 lbs.) Eastern Washington
- Nick Faust (G – 6’6" 210 lbs.) Long Beach State
- Mamadou Ndiaye (C – 7’6" 300 lbs.) UC Irvine
- Mike Tobey (C – 7’0" 252 lbs.) Virginia
- Codi Miller-McIntyre (G – 6’3" 205 lbs.) Wake Forrest
- Anthony Beane (G – 6’2" 190 lbs.) Southern Illinois
List will be updated as attendees are announced.
As was the case in the Kings' first pre-draft workout, none of the players coming in on the 24th are candidates for the Kings' 8th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, and all of them should be considered long-shots for the 59th pick in the NBA Draft that the Kings own via the Spurs.
Ndiaye is fun, and the Sim Bhullar comparisons and / or jokes will write themselves, but outside of Mamadou, there isn't a lot going on here. None of the players coming in, including Ndiaye, fall on Chad Ford's top-100 big board, and this should be considered a Reno Bighorns pre-draft workout more than anything else.