Welcome to the Sactown Royalty Draft Contest 2017, where bragging rights are earned through deft analysis, razor-sharp projections, but mostly (if not entirely) blind-arse luck. Join us for what continues to be, unfortunately, an annual rite of summer around these parts.
This year's contest will be judged in the following manner:
- List the first 14 picks of the draft, and the #34 pick
- Trades will have no impact, as it will be the actual order of the first 14 players selected
- You receive one point for each correct selection, and the most points attained is the winner
- First tie breaker will be correctly choosing the #5 pick (regardless of whether or not the Kings keep it)
- Second tie breaker will be correctly choosing the #10 pick (regardless of whether or not the Kings keep it)
- Third tie breaker will be correctly choosing the #34 pick (regardless of whether or not the Kings keep it)
- Final tie breaker is who got their picks submitted first
- No matter how well you do, you will never (ever!!!) surpass elfboy's incredible forecasting of Fredette, Honeycutt &Thomas
One submission per member, and once your picks have been submitted they may not be changed. Deadline for submittal of picks is Wednesday, June 21, 2017, noon Pacific.
We had forty five participants a year ago, and here are some of the highlights:
- "SMF-PDXConnection" and "bflewis" each landed seven correct picks (matching "1951" from 2015). "bflewis" got further into the draft (four) before missing a pick, so by rule he was declared champion. But we gave "SMF-PDX" a special sash for nailing the Isaiah Cousins pick at #59, and the rules committee amended the tie breakers for this year.
- The Chad Ford Award was shared by "Darth Divac" and markdog333, who each went one for fourteen.
- No one got the Kings pick right, and the consensus went 4-14, correctly picking Simmons, Ingram, Dunn and Poeltl).
So step right up and show your draft acumen. Amaze your fellow StR brethren with your visionary talents, and become the "I told you so" guy or girl that the rest of us will come to despise over the following weeks and months, until such time that you are finally deemed a troll and banished forever. What do you have to lose?!?